Once Upon a Time in Mexico….


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
January 26th 2013
Published: September 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Iberostar Cozumel BeachIberostar Cozumel BeachIberostar Cozumel Beach

Looking back at the beach from the water
Hola Amigos!

We just spent 1 week on the Island of Cozumel with family and what a week it was!

Our resort was the Iberostar Cozumel. We were so happy with our choice as it truly is a wonderful place to stay. On the small side (300 rooms) the accommodations were little bungalows and 2 story huts so you really felt you had your own little home away from home. Each room had a hammock on the balcony.

One of the highlights everyday was waiting to see what kind of towel creature our chambermaid would leave us. We had an impressive array: Swans, a mermaid, a dog, a dinosaur, a penguin, a little girl and a dragon!

Our crew (we were 7 in total) was fortunate to occupy all the rooms on the 2nd floor of one of the buildings where we were only steps from the beach and the pool. It was a sweet setup. The grounds were so lush it was just like they had cleared some paths through the jungle. There were Iguanas, turtles, flamingos and peacocks everywhere. By far the most stunning grounds we’ve encountered at an all-inclusive so far.

We did take one
Bungalow 26Bungalow 26Bungalow 26

We occupied the rooms on the top floor of this. It was right next to the beach.
day trip off of the resort. We made the trip to the mainland to see the Mayan ruins at Tulum and it was well worth the trip! The ruins there are right on the ocean (they had a beautiful beach) and our guide was really good. The main town on Cozumel is San Miguel. It’s lively, colourful, and full of all the made-in-china Mexican souvenirs you are looking for. But it is worth a wander thru. If you shop carefully you should be able to find the authentic items you are looking for. We bought vanilla, some Mexican glassware and a hammock.

Cozumel is known for diving (it’s home to the Palancar reef which boasts the best diving in the Caribbean). There was a constant stream of dive boats at our dock. And we were fortunate that we had great snorkelling right at the resorts beach. In fact, you could just stand on the dock, look down in to the water, and see hundreds of fish (including barracudas)!

Favourite Drinks:


• Coco Loco
• Mojitos (yes- we know they are Cuban. But they made good ones here)
• Tequila Sunrises
• Margaritas (the real Mexican ones - …not the slushy kind)



Best Food Experiences on the resort:


• Nachos every day
• Taco stand
• Mexican Restaurant















Cozumel- It’s worth the trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Tout La Gang At TulumTout La Gang At Tulum
Tout La Gang At Tulum

A fun outing at Tulum. You should go!
Turtle At BreakfastTurtle At Breakfast
Turtle At Breakfast

This guy joined us at breakfast one day...
DinosaurDinosaur
Dinosaur

We had a different towel creature every day


Tot: 0.334s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0888s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb