Johnny's First Day in Cozumel


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
January 26th 2013
Published: January 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We have a large breakfast in the condo then rent another scooter for John from Tropical Rent next door. We head over to the municipal marcado to start. It's always an interesting place buzzing with activity. We park in the local scooter parking lot where the attendant provides us with a ticket and covers our seats with cardboard. It's nice not to have to worry about our scooters while we shop. We head through the shops and see the meats, produce and variety stands. This is the only place I have seen where they actually charge an entrance fee to the restrooms (banos), it costs 5 pesos (40 cents) and the lady at the door hands me some toilet paper. It's very clean so I'd rather pay the fee than use a dirty one for free. John finds some shorts at a store a couple of blocks over. Then we head downtown for T shirts and souveniers.

After shopping, we stop at Rolandi's, a restaurant downtown on the tourist strip for lunch since we've heard they have good pizza. The place is very nice, classy and right on the waterfront. We share a pepperoni and a hawaiian, they are very good, thin crust. We think they are they best pizza we've had here but it was a bit more expensive than what we've become accustomed to paying.

The barber shop is open so we all get haircuts. John gets the shortest cut, I think he was a bit shocked at how short it is coming out. Luckily our stylist, Becky, switches to scizzors for the top. Becky is a great sport, she doesn't speak a word of English and we realize we really don't know much Spanish at all when she tries to converse with us. All together it costs $125 pesos for all three of us, that's $10 USD. Ian gives her a good tip on top. We stop by El Billy's and pick up some beef and chicken for dinner.

The sun has come out so we sit by the pool and take a quick swim before having a few drinks and watching sunset. Ian and John go across the street to La Hache but they end up home before the band even starts at 11:30 pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb