Cozumel is Totally Safe


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
December 30th 2012
Published: December 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The number one question we've been asked so far by friends and acquaintences is whether we feel safe here, and we really do. Of course we've all heard some stories about Mexico and there may be some areas of this country less safe than others, but here on Cozumel Island, we have felt very safe at all times. Whether walking or driving, we think this place is great and totally safe. Obviously the tourist areas are higher end than the back streets and I have felt a little uncomfortable at times in some areas but we are in a new place after all so that's perfectly normal. In reality, we've been in worse neighbourhoods on a recent trip to St. Louis and in some parts of Surrey and Vancouver like West Hastings. Cozumel is not Balfour, where we leave our keys in the cars and never lock our door, but there's lots of police presence here, which we like. Lots of private security guards also. The people in Cozumel are very friendly and helpful, even if they don't speak any English, somehow we still manage to communicate. A smile, of course, always goes a long way. We would highly recommend Cozumel to anyone thinking of coming here for a vacation. In the coming days of the new year, we'll be blogging about the top 10 reasons that we love this place so much - so stay tuned!

It was a quiet day today, it's hard to believe how tired we can get from doing nothing! It's been fun having Gord and Marty here, they are very entertaining. We all take a day to rest and not do much, they are preparing to leave tomorrow to go to Cancun for a week in an all inclusive resort. Ian and I have been reading novels like crazy, we like Jeffrey Deaver and some other new authors, I just finished Robin Cook's Contagion, that was really good too. We will need to find some more books to read as we are almost through all that we brought and still another month to go.

The boys have managed to eat us out of house and home, there's not a scrap of food left in our fridge so we'll need to hit the store and get some new groceries tomorrow. Ian's sinuses are improving but I've come down with a bit of sore throat, so we're both taking lots of vitamin C and it's a good day to get some extra rest.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.2kb