Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
March 4th 2015
Published: March 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We got back to the snow and cold of Minnesota on March 4! We really enjoyed our trip, met some nice people, and ate some excellent food.

Unfortunately we couldn't get our photos into the blog as we went along, but they are now there. Some good memories!



This is Bob.

I get to tell my story. Margie never says anything negative. No matter how much we read or prepare there are always surprises when we travel. I do not like large cities and did not look forward to going to Valladolid and Merida. Valladolid was the high spot on the trip (February 10) and we shot many pictures. In both cities we stayed in hostels very close to the center of town in very clean rooms with private bathrooms for about $25 per night.

Many years ago when we visited Cancun I read that Chichen Itza does not rhyme with chicken pizza so guess what sarcastic Bob calls it. It is supposed to be one of the modern seven wonders of the world. I liked Ek Balam and Uxmal better but some of my bias may be because of the crowds.

The biggest disappointment of the trip was Expedia. I have used it for many years and used it to book three four night stays in Progreso, Pueblo Tulum and Cozumel. The hotel in Progreso turned out to be like a jail cell and unfortunately I prepaid. The hotel in Pueblo Tulum was a dump and we were able to leave after the second night. The hotel in Cozumel however was very good. I will never use Expedia to book or pay for more than one night again.

We found a lot of restaurants with great food where the locals eat. We got to meet many travelers and got to be on a first name basis with many of the people at the hotels.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 16; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0799s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb