Terri and Kate go to Mexico - Day 4


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
September 29th 2008
Published: November 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Captain Hook Pirate Show 42 secs

Day 4 - Cancun sightseeing



Today we have loads of things planned so we'd better start with a good breakfast to keep us going. The breakfast buffet at the Aqua Cancun is massive and even have sushi!

We start the day at the Hotetur Beach Paradise Hotel which is a fairly small informal hotel on a lovely bit of beach. The rooms here are really brightly decorated and there are some interesting sculptures around the complex.

Next we go to the Hilton Cancun, which is simply huge. A very smiley manager shows us round and lets us loose on the chocolate fountain in the restaurant, not a wise move as I am soon covered in chocolate. The hotel is very impressive and has a great atmosphere, the rooms are nice, the pool is massive, there’s a golf course, and a spa. This is one of the biggest hotel complexes in Cancun in terms of outdoor space. We’re suitably impressed with everything we see here, definitely a favourite of ours.

Then we’re off again, this time to the Grand Oasis Cancun. This is part of a complex with the Oasis Cancun, which includes 14 restaurants. (That’s enough to keep even us well fed). The lobby is a riot of trailing plants and foliage “bringing the outside inside”. It’s a lively fun for all hotel, they even have a weekly foam party.

We’re soon on the move again to the Fiesta Americana Condesa Hotel, where we are immediately given mango margaritas and tortillas and guacamole. It’s not even lunchtime but the margaritas go down a treat. This is a really impressive hotel, with a massive lagoon style pool and huge palapas (thatched Caribbean style huts).

Next stop is the Le Blanc Spa Hotel, which has had several celebrity guests, apparently including George Bush! Reputed to be the best 5 star all inclusive hotel in Cancun, this hotel is cool, calm and collected. The infinity pool is simply stunning. With one of the biggest gym and spa areas we’ve seen, we’re tempted to hang around for a massage. The rooms are elegent and have whirlpool baths with views out onto the sea. We have lunch here which is a huge buffet with a chef to prepare whatever fresh dishes you want cooked.

That evening we have want to do something fun and are invited aboard the “Black Pearl” by Captain Hook and his crew for a pirate dinner show. Themed on the Pirates of the Caribbean films, everyone’s in costume and the crew get everyone involved straight away. There’s drinking games and competitions, a bit for the kids, some dancing and a free bar. Several strawberry daiquiris later we’re up dancing too. Dinner is a big plateful of surprising juicy steak and all the trimmings. Then we pull up alongside a rival pirate ship and there’s a dramatic swordfight for the pirate treasure. Lots of smoke, lights and special effects round off the show, which was definitely a really fun evening out. We had a really great time on this.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb