Huatulco


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca
January 11th 2019
Published: January 13th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Huatulco where we worship the legend of the tree, from the very beginning of time when the high mountain platform was turned into the palace where the chief and his family could live high up among the gods. The young girl whom carried avocados miles every day to please the family with a talent to weave learned from her grandmother loomed the most beautiful tree that is today worshiped as the legend of the area.

Huatulco at the junction where the Sierra Madre del Sur Mountains meet the pacific ocean. Once an important supply distribution hub for the Spanish, Santa Cruz Huatulco now serves as a subdued tourist destination thanks to the resort development in the 1980's. Ttrade the bustling hot spots of Cancun or Mazatlan for smaller and more laid back vacation with soothing waters and nine bays. The area also boosts thriving coffee plantations. Pinca El Pacifico promises picturesque water falls and ravines surrounding the farm where coffee is grown. Nine bays and 32 beaches many are ecological deemed never to be touched. La Cucecita and discover a quaint church. Hagia Sofia, which is home to native plants and trees and serves as a natural sanctuary for butterflies.
History buffs should visit Bocana del Rio Copalita Archaeological Zone, where ancient ruins are partially excavated high in the hills where the views are magnificent of the coast and sea below. The land of many beautiful bays.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement












Tot: 0.344s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb