A Nice (Cheap) Place On The Beach


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Zipolite
July 25th 2008
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Oaxaca festival lasted most of the time we were there, so we saw plenty of dancing, music and had a cheeky afternoon at the mezcal festival sampling all the flavours (literally all!). On Tuesday, Ricky and Samantha went on a day trip to swim in waterfalls at the top of a mountain, a mezcal factory, a big old tree and an indigenous village (Daniel had fallen victim to a combination of mexican food and water and had a day in bed but was fine the next day).

On Wednesday we were picked up early and headed for the coast, stopping off on the way to go quad biking in cloud forest (properly in the clouds) which was incredible though Ricky crashed into a wall, and being the hardnut that he is got up a carried on through his injuries. When we arrived in Zipolite we checked into ´A Nice Place On The Beach' which summed it up. We paid 30 pesos (about 1.65) each for a room that was about 15 yards from the edge of the sea and then watched the sunset over the pacific, corona in hand (cost 75p). The town of Zipolite is one street and is only about 50 yards from the sea and feels nice and remote. We have essentially done nothing for 2 days unless you count walking from hammock to sea and back again as an activity. The evenings were spent at the bar chatting to the barman from Middlesbrough called Crazy Horse Invincible (its his name on his passport) and then sitting under the stars listening to sea...jealous?

and we had an amazing cocktail called "chocolate invincible" and we will be bringing the recipe home with us so be warned!
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb