Puerto Escondido


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
September 30th 2009
Published: September 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Puerto Escondido is a small surfing town on the Pacific coast. We had an amazing room with an ocean view and private balcony (quite an improvement from most of our living arrangements). I spent these few days reading and relaxing while Dana surfed the world-renowned, Mexican Pipeline. For a 2 day side trip we went to Chacawa, a very isolated village of <100 people reached by bus, taxi, boat, then truck. We stayed in a little wood shack close to a surf break and Dana spent his time out surfing again while I chilled in a hammock.

All of a sudden a few days before our flight home all the Mexicans were on their holidays and all the buses were booked. We had to reroute and go through Mexico City to try and get up to Puerto Vallarta where our flight was out of in 2 days with no guarantee that the buses there wouldn’t be full too. Mex city was a big change from the rest of Mexico; all of a sudden it looked as if we could be in any North American city. We spent a few hours wandering through the market there then hoped on a bus and made it in time for our flight.

Dana decided to spike a fever the morning of our flight and with fear of being quarantined in mind I drugged him full of anti-pyretics for the flight home. Once we got home Dana spent the next day in bed throwing up. Swine flu? Oh well. That was the only time either of us got sick and we definitely ate sketch food and bad water ALL the time!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 23; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb