MONDAY...is washing day


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Morelos » Tepoztlán
February 11th 2008
Published: February 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well...Im absolutely exhausted!!!! We were told last week that Monday is washing day and we should take our bedding to the gold toothed women for them to wash it (not any other day or they go crazy - thanks for the advice from previous Gappers!) so we did, and then decided maybe it was time to wash our clothes as well. So we went to the communal sinks which are mighty scary looking and after some initial confusion set about scrubbing and swilling, its not easy I can tell you! I went for the method of trying to recreate the spin of a wahing machine, with a big of bread kneeding thrown in...Im sure my clothes are probably ruined and not even nearly clean judging by the pool of dirty water in the bottom of one of the bags when I emptied it out onto the line (for the second time, the first was a disaster... clean-ish clothes ALL over the floor!)

We have had quite an uneventful weekend off, we decided to go to Cualtla for the hot springs there, but they were in fact just a swimming pool or two, I was expecting rustic lake kind of pools,
Triumphant!Triumphant!Triumphant!

Washing....DONE!!!
like it said in Lonely Planet! Grr. But we still had a pleasant Saturday sunbathing, reading and a bit of swimming. And being blatantly stared at by EVERYONE as we were the only white girls in the whole place, which here is not unusual here but quite strange for us! Two groups of boys asked us if they could take a photo of us which was odd to say the least...

Cualtla itself is the most boring town in the universe!!! Its full of cheap horrible shoe shops and very little else, the baths really are its only good point. We wandered round for hours and hours in hope of finding something interesting to do so when the promised Sunday marked failed to materialise we jumped straight back on the bus back to Tepoztlan! The market here was huge and just what youd expect really, I invested in a head band and some nice lemon juice! Yum!

Our first lessons were this morning and the kids were lovely! The younger ones loads more interested in learning and they actually tried to do the work which was better than the older class! We just went for some revision, but
A nice big beer!A nice big beer!A nice big beer!

in rubbish Cualtla
they dont really know much english at all, even after 2 years lessons in some cases. Or if they do they are hiding it extremely well!!!

Ok well unfortunately not much else to say apart from that! We maybe have another English class this evening with the becarios and play duty! More of the same tomorrow as well as working in the farm with the rabbits with no ears and food distribution to local people which Im REALLY nor looking forward to! Sounds scary. Eek!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Me!Me!
Me!

At the hotel in Cualtla
BusesBuses
Buses

To the pool in Cualtla


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb