It´s fun to stay at the YMCA!!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Morelos » Tepoztlán
February 6th 2008
Published: February 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we left the safety and relative Westerness of Tula to go our seperate ways, the bus terminal in Mexico City was bigger than most airports and very spic and span, contrary to my expectations! Angie and Sarah set off on their crazy 8 hour bus journey to Guadalajara and the Salvation Army Childrens Home, Ed to the boys orphanage in Puebla, Kerry returned to Tula with Jose and Becky and I were met by YMCA people and taken to the HQ in Mexico City which is HUGE!!!!! It´s like a massive leisure centre attached to a YMCA university and offices. We were met by the international relations lady Patty and marched round and introduced to various persones muy importantes! I think the president of the university wanted to poach us from England and make us do his degree, it was all quite strange! We were given loads of freebies and then lunch in state which was quite embarassing but nice!

We left there to drive to Campamento Camohmila which isn´t really that far. The camp is just how you´d imagiene an American Summer Camp, quite rustic but nice and everyone´s really friendly! We´re being broken in gently as there are no children at the minute because it´s a national holiday. When they arrive tomorrow ít´ll all get a bit more real! We´ve been shown around the camp, the farm and the various villages where we´ll be teaching this morning and told the rules, of which there are 28!!! Mostly a result of the bad Canadians who´ve been in the past! No drugs, no alcohol, no sleeping with the kids etc etc etc repeated in various different forms! The two we´ve met are definately not the kind of people I´d have expected to meet, lucky they´re going tonight!

Anyway more info on this when I know, time´s running out!! I´ll post some photos next time I go online when I remember my wire!

Advertisement



7th February 2008

Well done Lizzie! Love you lots xxx

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb