snakes on a BEACH?!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Morelos » Cuernavaca
June 19th 2006
Published: June 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

ah, back from acapulco. 😊

i did enjoy it, it was really pretty (most of the time) but i am more and more glad and relieved each time we return to cuernavaca!

acapulco wasn't quite as relaxing as i'd hoped, but its ok. the first thing i noticed when i got off of the bus we took to get there was the humidity! you'd think cuernavaca would be hot since it is in mexico and all, but its actually more like may weather in south carolina, on the good, non-humid days! but since we went south, to acapulco, the humidity hit me as like the bus i just got off of. wait. i didn't get hit by a bus. it felt like it though, because of the humidity. oh english. today i accidentally said "deliceeus." maybe i'm losing english, by gaining spanish. hah.

anyway. the first day we stayed by the pool, which was really nice (besides all the honeymooners.. err). amazingly, i didn't get sunburned! yesss. that night, i was pretty tired so i didn't go out to palladium (which is like.. a famous discotech or something) and instead watched a little TV in english (with spanish subtitles!) and went right to sleep.

the next day we went to a beach about 30 minutes away (so it would be less crowded.. acapulco is similar to myrtle beach.. downtown beaches aren't too great)... lets just say this beach wasn't too great either!! the water looked pretty gross.. huge yellow patches.. so emily, molly, leslee and i decided to go on a walk. on our way back, we saw three men playing with a 3 or 4 foot long snake that they had pulled out of the water. SWEET. we got really scared, and then i looked down and saw something scaly and snakely squirming around a few inches away from my foot. i screamed, and we all took off running. we looked like such white people!! haha. after a few hours, the four of us decided to head back to the hotel pool, so we did that, along with some amazing piña coladas. later that night, we went out to eat at a place called 100% natural restaurante. it was reeeeally good. its famous for its fruit juices. i got one called a "refrescante" which was pineapple and apple juice, and ginger. it was delicious. (deliceeous?) we decided to watch a movie (13 going on 30) on emily's laptop but i fell asleep about 15 minutes into it so i went to bed early, again!

saturday, we went to a different beach, about 45 minutes to an hour away (in a crazy taxi ride)... the beach was AMAZING. beautiful, clean water.. HUGE waves.. and no SNAKES! we also had a waiter (whose shirt read, DISCO on the back, so thats what we referred to him as, hehe) who brought us amazing shrimp tacos and fruit. yum. also, an old surfer man came up to us and asked us for money because he was going to give us a lifeguarding exhibition. it sounded hilarious, but we awkwardly declined. for dinner, we went to a seafood restaurant that our mamá had suggested, named el amigo miguel. more camarones (shrimp) that was amazing. then onwards to get some cake from sanborn's with some of the girls.. yummm.

sunday we stayed around the pool and headed back here around 7, so we got back to cuernavaca around midnight! oof, late. so, today i'm pretty tired.

this morning i was preparing for an all new class, and an all new professor for my spanish language class. but i ended up having my same professor - paco! that's pretty exciting, because he and my class before were one of my favorite parts about cuernavaca. i miss my friends that were in my class a lot, but the girls i am with this week are nice, and paco is awesome. 😊

alright, class time!

Advertisement



20th June 2006

Last night, I also had a shrimp taco! I got it at Chicora Alley, though. Thanks for the shout-out about fruit. I love pineapple as well. I hope the rest of your time there is great, and tell Leslee I said hi!
20th June 2006

GRAAAY!
Hi Gray!! So glad to hear things are going well! Studying abroad is such a good thing to do. I've been at work reading up on all of your adventures and they sound like so much fun!! I can't wait to chat once you get back. Have a blast, be safe!! miss you!! -Carrie

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb