Las Playas of the Costalegre


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco
November 6th 2009
Published: November 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

When we decided to visit the beach we wanted to visit a Sea Turtle refuge and to go snorkeling.
We got a ride with Rosa from Comala to Tecoman on the day we were going to visit el Tortugario. In Tecuman we hopped on a bus to Armallia where we get a local bus to Cuyutlan. In Cuyutlan we find a taxi to take up the last 3 KMS to el tortugario.
Here they collect tortise eggs after they are layed by the sea turtles. They incubate them & on Sundays, they release the babys into the Pacific. We view the turtles that live there and take a short walk on the boardwalk thru the mangrove. Lots of mosquitos there, so we don't stay long. We walk back to Cuyutlan on the black sand beach & take the busses back to Comala. On several of the busses we are treated to live music, from musicians who ride the busses playing for tips.
A few days later we take the bus to Barra de Navidad, where we visit the beach and spend the night. Next day we take a cab to our real beach destination... Tenacatita. This beautiful little village looks just tile a picture of paradise. We find a place to stay at the friendly Hotel Paraiso & then walk over a small hill to "the Aquarium", the snorkeling beach. It is the first time either of us have ever been snorkeling, but we get the hang of it and are amazed by the view into to world of the coral reef under the water at this beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

View from the HillsideView from the Hillside
View from the Hillside

in Tenacatita. The coral reef is the dark in the water below
Where we stayed...Where we stayed...
Where we stayed...

right at the end of Pattys finger


Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 31; qc: 149; dbt: 0.2105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb