Hola Amigos!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
June 17th 2006
Published: June 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

The poolThe poolThe pool

Can't you smell the suntan lotion?
Well, we DO love to travel...so who could pass up a deal for $611 + tax to fly to Mexico and stay in a 4 star all inclusive for a week? I mean, we can drink at least that in a week!! :P

Our resort was called the Royal Decameron and it was nice enough. 5 pools, although we only aquainted ourselves with 2. The sun was hot, the drinks were strong, and we were in full relaxation mode. If you stay here, don't expect too much from the food. I didn't find a lot to be edible, and when there was something good everyone else must have felt the same way because it ran out quickly. I have a new love of ham and cheese omelettes though, I need to recreate these at home.

Not too much to report. We could have used internet to blog, but what really was there to blog. "Hi, quite tipsy from the rum and coke, must head back to the pool now before I melt into a puddle."

Shout outs to Karen and Marc from Vancouver. These two became our drinking buddies for the week, and many laughs were shared in the pool...and room...and restaurants... :D

Oh and I mustn't forget the toe incident. Yes that's right, we had another toe injury. As you recall, last holiday in New York I stubbed my toe and hurt it quite badly. Spent a night in emergency, x-rays and all. Well, on our second night in Mexico Dev decided he wanted to see what all the toe fuss was about and he *stubbed his toe* and the toenail ripped off...the entire toenail. *shudder* After a lot of bleeding and swearing we managed to clean the wound and bandage it and the next day after enough drinks Dev was brave enough to submerge it in the pool. Of course it was tender, but we figure the pool cleaning chemicals helped in the healing...err, right. In any case it's looking fine and he's able to wear shoes and socks no problem. Now we hope that's enough of the toe injuries. Enough injuries period!!

Enjoy some nice pics, notice how *brown* we are. Yum.

2 months 8 days until Tokyo!! Preparations are in full swing, don't worry faithful readers. Before long you shall be enjoying our adventures right there along with us. Leave comments!!
Senorita!Senorita!Senorita!

Is that me, or a Mexican??
Until next time...



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Cerveza por favorCerveza por favor
Cerveza por favor

Should have made the taxi stop...
Wea Speak EnglishWea Speak English
Wea Speak English

Wea just don't spella it
The ToeThe Toe
The Toe

Hopefully this is the end of toe injuries...who invented toes anyways? We should just have club feet.
Guess the breedGuess the breed
Guess the breed

This puppy was awesome/scary!! 10 points if you know the breed. My guess is Mexican Fighting Pit Monster...you don't want to meet this one's dad in a dark alley!
Iguanas Iguanas
Iguanas

These guys where all over the hotel complex if you looked hard enough.
Cheers to our buddies!!Cheers to our buddies!!
Cheers to our buddies!!

Vancouverites Karen and Marc. Hola!
Carl's Jr.!!Carl's Jr.!!
Carl's Jr.!!

(We don't have these in Canada) Notice the cheeseburger is the size of Dev's head.


Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb