Guantanamato


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
November 10th 2008
Published: November 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After driving to Tucson to stay with our buddy Aaron and his girlfriend we hit the Mexican border town of Nogales. Very little hassle there including getting our permits. They are very efficient at extracting money for various reasons from tourists. Eight hours later we found ourselves in a great beach town called San Carlos. We had a welcome to mexico dinner including some tequila and a band consisting of two sets of twins who sang a bunch of traditional Mexicans song with lyrics like"Guantanamto." It was special and we camped for the night. The city was fairly dead and those who were there seemed to be living off of their US social security benefits. We headed out early that morning and ten hours later found ourselves in Mazatlan. This city was beautiful and our hotel balchony had a panoramic view of the ocean. We hit the beach which was warmer than our shower. Then some bars, met some new friends, then back to the beach again for some night swimming. I will definitely be back to Mazatlan. Now we are in Puerto Vallarta. It is much more touristy here though we had some amazing mom and pop shop tamales for a buck a piece. I have never been anywhere tropical before and I'm all in on it. We hope to get some snokeling in tomorrow and they claim to have some pretty sweet spots. I'll try to get some pictures in later. Don't worry, Mexico is treating us well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Los Arcos - Puerto VallartaLos Arcos - Puerto Vallarta
Los Arcos - Puerto Vallarta

Some good snorkeling


13th November 2008

Glad to hear you are having fun
Sounds like you work far harder on vacation than you ever did in the LEC group....
13th November 2008

Hello Big Tuna
Question...which latino american is best?
14th November 2008

fish
WHATS UP ADAM, SEEMS ALL IS WELL FROM WHAT I'VE READ. HOW IS THE FISHING GOING ? TELL ME ABOUT THE BIG ONE THAT GOT AWAY

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb