Enjoying Puerto Vallarta, Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
October 20th 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Evening pool reflectionEvening pool reflectionEvening pool reflection

This is the view overlooking the pool and on to the ocean from the resort hotel.
Had a very nice 7 day trip to Puerto Vallarta. Stayed in an all inclusive at Golden Crown Paradise Resort, with a room overlooking the ocean. When arriving, just missed a big downpour, with streets covered in water at least 5 inches deep in some places near our hotel. It was a cloudy week, with the sun comming out at least daily, which was fine, considering how hot and very humid it was. Sure got enough sun anyways. The pool was wonderful, and the food and drinks were excellent, especially the Miami Vice. Went on a trip to the old town for some shopping at the market and enjoyed a trip to the beech of Yelapa and Majahuitas with some snorkeling included. Interesting to see the very poor people living along side the walkway, washing clothes in the water stream. Ended the trip with an overnight stay at Jolene and Aaron's house in Calgary, breakfast and then on home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 71, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

On our way to YelapaOn our way to Yelapa
On our way to Yelapa

Beautiful rock formations. The tour guide advised that there is a strong current around these formations which sit on the fault line.
Mexican ocean sunsetMexican ocean sunset
Mexican ocean sunset

Loved the sunsets
The turtle egg digThe turtle egg dig
The turtle egg dig

The security fellows at the resort had two jobs, the other was to collect turtle eggs from the beech which were laid in very close vacinity of the resort, and then to dig up the baby turtles and release then into the water. A neat site.
Golden Crown Paradise ResortGolden Crown Paradise Resort
Golden Crown Paradise Resort

An 18 and over all inclusive resort. A Smaller resort to meet people and enjoy the food.
Resort bartenderResort bartender
Resort bartender

This fellow made the best drinks - especially the pina colada's and Miami Vice.
The resort poolThe resort pool
The resort pool

We had fun here doing aquasize and playing water sports and having a drink
Mexican hats anyone???Mexican hats anyone???
Mexican hats anyone???

These patient vendors sat patiently just outside the pool area, showing their wares, calling out Hi Lady, whistling until they got our attention. They did get sales as well.
Water fall at MajahuitasWater fall at Majahuitas
Water fall at Majahuitas

A beautiful water fall, after a walk up passing some mexican homes, with women washing clothes in the stream.
The Mexican dinner potThe Mexican dinner pot
The Mexican dinner pot

We walked past this cooking pot on our way back from the falls/Majahuitas


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb