Año Nuevo Fiestejando---- Rocking new year!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
January 8th 2007
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

beach time!beach time!beach time!

its always beach time... haha
I went back to Vallarta on the 30th, with my friend Jozefien from Belgium, and we stayed at my friend Olivia's house. We went to the beach on the 31st.. just so we'd be nice and relaxed so we could stay out all night.. haha

We started off with dinner at Olivia's house... With her dad, mom, and some of her mom's friends. Her dad is a really good cook (he's from Sweden, so we had a swedish-mexican meal. SO good.) and we finished it off with DELICOUS chocolate cake, yum yum. haha. There was also a guitar man that Gilda (say it Hilda... remember, your in mexico and G sounds like H) hired. When you're eating fabulous food, on the balcony, under the stars, with candles, and guitar/piano music.... basically you just realize that you live in a movie...

To ring in the new year, Olivia, Jozefien and I went down the malecon. They had closed down the street next to the malecon(boardwalk) so it just FILLED up with people, the street, the malecon, the beach, the bars, everything...

Met some friends, and hung out until midnight, traditional countdown (cinco, cuatro, tres, dos, uno, WOOOOOOOOO DOS MIL SIETE!! 2007 )

The fireworks show was actually pretty neat. There were fireworks from one end of the malecon, then they started from the end. AND you could see the ones coming from Nuevo Vallarta which is across the bay, in the state of Nayarit. So it was just fireworks all over the place. Pretty fun to watch. And it was a half hour show!

Then we just spent a couple hours being with everyone, saying hi, visiting... dancing in front of the bars with the loud music... wrangling new year's hats from people... we actually got 3 of them! And little noise makers! Good job, us!

So thats really all. It doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but really it was. Haha It's always nice to just hang out with your friends, be in the crowd, talk to random people (we met some actualy Italians.. from Italy! they spoke spanish, but then charmed us with their crazy italian. haha)

And just because we could, we went down to the beach in the morning (cough, afternoon, cough) when we got up. Laying, suntanning, swimming, reading in the sand.... on JANUARY 1st. Ya. a tad wierd.
Guitar manGuitar manGuitar man

who incidently plays better piano than guitar
... but I wierd I am willing to deal with 😉 haha.

Anyway, I hope you all rung in the new year somehow fun, and I hope 2007 is FABULOUS for all of you 😊

LOVE



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

more food....more food....
more food....

always fooooooddd...
January 1stJanuary 1st
January 1st

washing our feet off in the fountain ...they were covered in sand from the beach ;)
New Red Hair!New Red Hair!
New Red Hair!

I finally got sick of not changing my hair, so I dyed it :)


8th January 2007

new years food!
So you were in mexico and had a mexican/swedish meal. I was in denmark and had a danish/swedish meal! gotta love the sweds and their amazing food and how well it mixes with other cultural food!

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb