Gaudalajara


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
April 1st 2014
Published: April 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hola, so we have gone off our planned course of heading to Acapulco since we had not heard great things about it and going to Tequila was just way more cooler. After a pit stop in Mexico city, thankfully only 12 hours in the smelliest room, we headed to Gaudalajara. This is Mexico's second largest city but you wouldnt know it looking at it. There are no big high rises and people are more chilled out. They have some fantastic old buildings.

One thing we noticed is there are Chinese buffet restaurants everywhwere. They were always full of locals and we were craving a change from Mexican so we had to try it. The food was amazing and Daz was very happy to get some vegies. We are still a little confused as to whether the Mexican term for Buffet means the same as us. You only got one large plate which the Mexicns piled up, we didnt see them go back to the buffet multiple times so we think it is a once only visit? Didnt stop Daz going up three times.

We were hoping to get to the big soccer game that night but it was sold out. We settled for an 'Inglewood' equivelent full of supporters from both teams including a large family. Unfortunately the local team lost 4-0, we were happy it wasnt a nil all game and they were not rolling all over the ground.

Next stop Tequila!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb