Beach babe, not city chick


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
April 22nd 2006
Published: May 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well Guadalajara has confirmed what I already knew which is that I'm definitely more of a beach babe than a city chick! Got up early and got a taxi from the centre of Guanajuato to the bus station which was about 15 minutes drive away but still only cost one pound eighty! From there bought a ticket (in spanish!) for the ETN coach to Guadalajara (GDL). Blimey Mexicans certainly know how to do coach travel. Talk about luxurious, it was like being in first class on a plane! Only 24 seats, 3 per row, on each coach and so you had a really wide seat with loads of leg room. Fully reclining with leg rests rather than just foot rests, headphones for the TV and food and drink supplied. The journey lasts four hours so get to watch two films dubbed in spanish - didn't understand all that much but figured it was good practice. From the main coach station, I decide to brave it and get the local bus to the centre. Arrive in GDL just after midday and go for a wander after checking into a hostel. The plazas are massive, but unlike Guanajuato (GTO), are lined with shoe shine stalls rather than cafes! It's Mexico's second largest city and so naturally there ¡s more traffic and noise, but it feels impersonal and I just don't take to the place. Am even tempted to go back to GTO that night, but don't in the end. Get up early on Sunday and try the sightseeing again and thankfully it's much quieter so get to see most of the tourist sights in the morning. There's no denying that the architecture is amazing, but the city is not for me and I head back to GTO on the 1pm coach. As I step off the local bus in GTO I really feel "glad to be home"!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb