Pie de la cuesta.


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero
January 18th 2009
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Pelicans of Pie 52 secs
Day 17
We caught a bus to La Placita where we watched as they butchered a cow on the street with an axe. We got back on the bus and continued on to Lazaros Cardenas where we walked 1 block and immediately caught a bus to Zihuatanejo. It was a long day of riding the winding coastal highway 200. Zihuatanejo is a collection of a small group of beaches most of which are connected by a pleasant winding board walk. After not hearing english for so long we couldn't help but be disappointed at the number of english speaking tourist wandering the beaches and streets. Zihuatanejo is located in a bay which is great for boats seeking a safe harbour and families with small children seeking it's shallow gentle waves.

Day 18
We decided to leave Zihuatenejo ahead of schedule in exchange for quieter places. We returned to one of our favorite beaches just outside of Acapulco, Pie de la Cuesta where they filmed Rambo. This is one of our favoite beaches because of the combination of tranquil atmosphere, white sands, big waves and mexican culture. We stayed at our favoirte hotel, Villas Roxannas where Roxanna and her family run a very pleasent and tidy hotel. We relaxed and watched the pelicans and had dinner on the beach. Neil had fish tacos and the adventurous Laura had fries.

Day 19
We got up early and went for a walk on the beach where we watched the fisherman haul in their catch. Their massive nets were filled with a variety of fish, most of which we could not recognize. They picked out the puffer fish and the sting rays and threw them back into the ocean, which sent the pelicans crazy untill they realized they could not possibly get the ballooned up puffer fish in their mouths. While Neil played in the waves, Laura strolled down the beach looking for photo op's. Three fishermen fishing off the shore with only a line and bait attracted a group of hungry pelicans who floated patiently in the surf. One pelican grew impatient and decided to steal the bait in mid cast. The fishermen hauled in his winged catch with the help of his 2 cohorts and 2 heavily armed police officers who waved Laura over so she could get a better picture. The rest of the day wasn't near as exciting, it was spent reading, relaxing and enjoying the beautiful sunshine.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



19th August 2009

mexican travels
Glad to see you enjoyed your mexican adventures! Keep it up.

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb