Mexico 2017


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Zihuatanejo
January 27th 2017
Published: January 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today we decided to take a down day, just take it easy. We ate our breakfast on the hotel balcony, our usual fruit (with pineapple this time), banana bread, and Bob's good coffee. We then took out our Scrabble board and had a hard fought game. This was one of the very few times I have won, but just by a few points.

We walked down to Playa Madera, which is to the left of the municipal beach, and found a cool spot for drinks. They make very good homemade lemonade here. Good spot to walk the beach, read a book, or do a crossword puzzle. The beach was quite empty and very pleasant.

Did a little bit of laundry, the quick-dry stuff, and hung them on a line in our room. Later in the evening we went down to La Gamba again for their delicious garlic fish. We walked down to the municipal beach area and watched part of a basketball game. This area is very pretty at night, with lights and lantern balls hung up. Walked to the end of the pier. The sky was so clear, and the stars were shining brightly. We got a good view of Orion.

Bob

When we first got here, Margie bought a hat that you see in the blog. On our first trip to Barra de Potosi, when we rode in the back of the truck, there was a Mexican couple next to us. I saw her looking at the hat so I asked her if she thought it was beautiful and she said it was very beautiful. I told her I thought it was ugly and her husband started laughing. Margie understood the beautiful part but not the ugly part. She thought I told the guy some joke. The hat has been the running joke the whole trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0756s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb