Another day in San Miguel De Allende


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guanajuato » San Miguel de Allende
December 30th 2010
Published: December 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone was hoping to get this up yesterday but wireless is a bit sketchy! As usual we walked our feet off in fact even Rick was exhausted. We were going to take a tourist trolley around for a tour but we figured we have walked as much as they would have showed us around. To day Rick and I got up and headed for the El Charco del Ingengio Jardin Botatanico. Lucky for us not to far out of town as we ended up walking back to town after walking all over the gardens. Straight down the mountain on cobblestone. Very interesting to see it but certainly different than our lush gardens. We did have a great time being out in the countryside where it was nice a quiet which when you are traveling Mexico let me tell you that is a treat a very noisy country. In fact this morning we woke to the sound of an advertising truck on our street which is kind of funny because there are only five houses and dead ends so not much in the way of people. Went out to lunch today at a little restaurant we stumbled onto and will return again and possibly again it was that good. After finishing up lunch with a Fantastic Cappuchino we took a cab back home to siesta. Not sure what we will be doing this evening but probably people watching in the Jardin or maybe just playing cribbage at home having a house is so nice as you don't feel like you have to keep going instead of sitting on a bed in a small room at a hotel. So enjoy the pictures everyone!


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Funny Never seen a sign in Mexico like thisFunny Never seen a sign in Mexico like this
Funny Never seen a sign in Mexico like this

Between watching your step walking due to cobblestones you better watch out for doggy bombs as well. This was a park right in the heart of Gringo section so of course they don't want to get their feet dirty.
Kimberly in the ParkKimberly in the Park
Kimberly in the Park

Beautiful Park called Benito Jaurez
Nice SignNice Sign
Nice Sign

San Miguel de Allende The heart of Mexico
Another DoorAnother Door
Another Door

Would love to see whats behind them! Sure to be one of the snobby Ex Pats they have here. So that will never happen. More on that later!
Rick eating  mas Tacos!Rick eating  mas Tacos!
Rick eating mas Tacos!

Finally found a taco stand just had to go where the workers were. Little early for me but looked delicious.
Kim's lunch at local ComedorKim's lunch at local Comedor
Kim's lunch at local Comedor

This was part of my lunch Comida Corrida which means a full meal deal. Started with chicken pasta soup, main meal and and Fresh squeezed OJ for 45 pesos about 3.75$ US. Very tasty maybe a bit sweet. They call this Guanajato Mole it seems each region has there own Mole gotta say Oaxacan Mole is still my favorite. This was a small comedor in local mercado. She had a baby so Rick thought I was just being soft hearted but the food was great and the baby was darling. Will go back for more.
Another Beautiful ChurchAnother Beautiful Church
Another Beautiful Church

Doors closed so no inside pictures but very pretty!
Big CatctusBig Catctus
Big Catctus

Had no idea that they use some part of this plant for Candy.


31st December 2010

Good looking lunch
Don't you just love Mexico. Nice photos.
31st December 2010

love the dog stonework!
31st December 2010

Thanks I am glad you like them. Yes Mexico is a good time lots of photo ops for sure.
31st December 2010

Me too!

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 57; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb