Another day in San Miguel De Allende


Advertisement
North America » Mexico » Guanajuato » San Miguel de Allende
December 30th 2010
Published: December 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone was hoping to get this up yesterday but wireless is a bit sketchy! As usual we walked our feet off in fact even Rick was exhausted. We were going to take a tourist trolley around for a tour but we figured we have walked as much as they would have showed us around. To day Rick and I got up and headed for the El Charco del Ingengio Jardin Botatanico. Lucky for us not to far out of to... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

ConservatoryConservatory
Conservatory

I loved the polka dots on this one!
Small Cross in the middle of the old DamSmall Cross in the middle of the old Dam
Small Cross in the middle of the old Dam

Not sure if this was for a possible drowning at one time or just another place to put a Cross.
Not sure of its purposeNot sure of its purpose
Not sure of its purpose

This was just at a good view point of the canyon Looks very indian
CanyonCanyon
Canyon

This is a very sacrad spot. They believe the God named El Chan lurks here so you shouldn't venture in as you may not come out.
Beautiful Rock workBeautiful Rock work
Beautiful Rock work

This was at the end of the long hike. This is a place called Plaza of the four winds. A ceremonial space and scenic overlook with Pre-Columbian symbols. I wish I could have gotten a better picture the rocks had four symbols in different colors for East, North, West and south. A great example of where the two beliefs Christian and Indian beliefs merge.
InsideInside
Inside

Nice place to take a break not really sure of its pourpose possibly an old sweat lodge of some type. It was old.
Cool StoneworkCool Stonework
Cool Stonework

These run off all the water on the flat roofs. Most all the houses have some form of this but most often just a plain one. This was on a very fancy house (couldn't see inside of course) In the Rich American Neighborhood, more on that later.
Love this look!Love this look!
Love this look!

So pretty to see the beautiful Bougenvilla we had loads of it at my house in California sure wish I could have it in Oregon!
Flower MarketFlower Market
Flower Market

Martha Stewart was just here and probably took this same picture. This is a place where you can see movie stars often just in Jardin no one bothers them here. She did say how clean and cheap this market was in her blog and she was right. Can you imagine seeing Antonio Banderas or Rober De Niro reading the paper on the bench next to you!!!
Fantastic!!Fantastic!!
Fantastic!!

We found the most amazing restaurant today. Mostly we just walk by them but this one smelled so good we had to go in. It only held about ten tables and the guy who owns it is an excellent host, it was spotless. He suggested the Chillies en Nogada which is a Pasilla chili filled with a meat mixture in a walnut cream sauce with pomegrante seeds. Amazing! For those of you who have seen Like Water for Chocolate may remember the wedding lunch scene where everyone cried because of her tears in the sauce well I wanted to cry because it was so good! To bad some local ex pats were in there but more on that later!
Rick eating a BurgerRick eating a Burger
Rick eating a Burger

Rick ordered a burger here but I am sure when we go there next time it will be Mexican food because everything that kitchen looked very good. In fact still full but can't wait to go again. Our new favorite place.



31st December 2010

Good looking lunch
Don't you just love Mexico. Nice photos.
31st December 2010

love the dog stonework!
31st December 2010

Thanks I am glad you like them. Yes Mexico is a good time lots of photo ops for sure.
31st December 2010

Me too!

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb