¡Vivan los Patriots!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Estado de Mexico » Distrito Federal
November 19th 2017
Published: November 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

When the 2017 NFL schedule was revealed last April and the New England Patriots were playing in Mexico City against the despised Oakland Raiders, I knew I had to see this game en vivo.

Getting to Mexico was easy but procuring last minute tickets was going to be tough. As luck would have it, upon walking into my hostel last Thursday I met an equally rabid Pats fan from Colombia who was also trying to find tickets for him and his girlfriend. The next day the 3 of us got tickets from a local woman that Santiago had met through Facebook. Seemed sketchy as we had no way to be sure if the tickets were legit until we actually tried to get into the stadium, Estadio Azteca, which seats approximately 87,000, down from an original 113,000 prior to a recent renovation.

All went well, the seats were fine, and the Patriots crushed the Raiders. Now in Campeche after exploring the ruins at Calakmul earlier today. They were amazing. That installment forthcoming...

¡Tengan sed, mis amigos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Inside El EstadioInside El Estadio
Inside El Estadio

About 1 section below our seats. Not too shabby...


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb