Day 23 and 24 - SD and travel


Advertisement
Published: June 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 23 and 24 - San Diego and travelling day to Mexico

Day 23 - Saturday - 16 June 2007

Not much at all to report for these two days. We had a slack morning on Saturday, just taking our time. We then headed into the Fashion Shopping centre. Spent a bit of time doing some wandering around the shops. There was another Tiffany & co, but I managed not to go in! It will have to wait until NY! We had another great lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, a place we'd discovered courtesy of J&J in LA and then went to see Shrek the Third.

Back to the hotel for an early night, as we were getting up early the next day for our full travelling day to Mexico.

Day 24 - Sunday - 17 June 2007

This was a pretty crappy day, really. Up at 5am for our first flight at 7.30 from SD to Dallas, Fort Worth, Texas. Then another flight down to Mexico City (that we almost missed!! oops), arriving about 5.30. After getting through customs and immigration, we finally made it to our hotel around 7pm.

On that, lets
Room viewRoom viewRoom view

Talk about a room with a view!! Is this a view to write home about, or what?!?!?!?
just say, we've come down a little in the world!! lol Its definitely basic, but I guess its reasonably clean (I hope) and its our home for the next 4 nights, so we'll make the most of it! Our room does look out over the building next door, which looks like its under construction, which doesn't bode well for a sleep in tomorrow, but we'll see Dinner was in the hotel restuarant and it was pretty nice. Chicken tacos, which aren't anything like ours. They are rolled and deep fried and then served with guacamole, sour cream, cheese and chili sauce - yum though.

A day on our own tomorrow exploring, then we meet up with our tour leader in the evening.

Advertisement



19th June 2007

YAY
YAY you made it to Mexico!!! Hope you get some nice tour mates and they're not all like mm mm and mm mmm! lol.
19th June 2007

deep fried tacos
omg how weird is that?? taco's are the closest i usually get to health food. where is the lettuce, tomato?? the room looks very interesting was it strategic not showing a pic of the bathroom?? hehe sorry katie have fun :-)

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.9kb