Last few days


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
February 23rd 2007
Published: February 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We spent Wednesday taking it easy, since I came down with some little bug Tuesday night...but did get the house where Diego Rivera was born and to a speciality shop for local sweets. We also took the funicular up the hill for the first time!

Our hosts had us over for dinner....and we went to bed after packing....and heard the incredible dog chorus for the last time....you can hear the dogs barking in waves around the city..and then several times a night the more than five dogs that live on the roofs below us and the ones behind us take up the call....I actually started sleeping through it!

Today (Thursday) we took a first class bus back to Mexico City, checked into our hotel, and went out to eat...it is hot here today..hard to think of going back to rain tomorrow! This afternoon we visited a local church and browsed the stands outside selling religious items. For some reason, this is the only place we saw stalls set up outside a church.

Friday: back home... We had no trouble getting back, except for a 2 hour delay in Mexico City (which made the 4:30am wake up seem even
Diego Rivera's birthplaceDiego Rivera's birthplaceDiego Rivera's birthplace

A fountain in the courtyard with a dog's head at the top...
less fun..) We got back to a cold Seattle, where the downtown area looks shabby after Mexico City...and we saw more violence in our walk between buses there than we had seen in our whole trip to "dangerous" Mexico....


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Wash dayWash day
Wash day

View from our house in Guanajuato
Diego Rivera's family homeDiego Rivera's family home
Diego Rivera's family home

This was full of his less known works..a great museum!


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb