Claire vs. Mexico - Episode 1- Mexico City


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
February 2nd 2007
Published: February 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The ZocaloThe ZocaloThe Zocalo

This was the view from the roof of the holiday inn where my dad booked for my first night
ok so i am now in mexico! and i love it! its so eurpean but cooler.

Chapter one - lost and in love

02-02-07

anyway my first day i pretty much just set out and wandered around, and got totally lost. luckily i got lost right next to the palacio de belles artes, which has a beautifull park next door called the alameda central. so i walked around there and fell in love, sooo beautifully landscaped with fountains and benches, and on ever bench there was a couple holding hands or kissing, it was so romantic. and little venders selling corn with lime, mayo and chilli (i dont recconmend it). i ate this while sitting on a bench in front of a huge fountain while a man in a big hat strummed on a guitar type thing and sang to me. so i fell in love with mexico right then and there, then found my way back to the zocalo which is the centre of town and discoverrd these amazing markets.

the thing i have to explain about mexico is that makes it so different from other places in the world is that there are not many
Mexico cityMexico cityMexico city

This was the view from the roof of the holiday inn where my dad booked for my first night
tourists here. and the ones who are here can all speak spanish (ok coming alone to mexico not knowing a word of spanish i now realise was not such a great idea) but anywya it has this great local traditional feel to it. the markets dont sell tourist paraphenalia, they sell clothes and toothbrushes and stuff. and no one speaks english, so ive already learnt a lot of spanish!

and the ppl here are the friendlyest ive ever met!!! ive made more mexican friends than i have other tourists... and the best part, chivelry is not dead in mexico... its so romantic here, everywhere i go men open doors for me and offer to take me to lunch or be my ¨walking companion¨ hehe.

well anyway after wandering around for hours i bumped into a mexican guy i had met the night before and he took me out to the plaza de garibaldi which is where all the artisans and mariarchis (traditional mexican music players) hang out. i drank pina colada while men sang to me!

dinner was found after wandering around town with a really nice man i met who took me to this awesome taco
How to trash a hotel room - claire styleHow to trash a hotel room - claire styleHow to trash a hotel room - claire style

the nicest room ive evern stayed in! thanks dad!
and quassadilla place on a trolley on the side of the road. and after all that i passed out in bed which was an adventure in itself. right now im hoping it was only because it was friday... but for some reason someone started playing the trumpet at about 4 am and just didnt stop.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Plaza de garibaldi Plaza de garibaldi
Plaza de garibaldi

buying my pina colada!
Eating Tostade at the ZocaloEating Tostade at the Zocalo
Eating Tostade at the Zocalo

My random friend Alejandro and I
the presidential palace in the Zocalothe presidential palace in the Zocalo
the presidential palace in the Zocalo

The view we were looking at while eating tostadas
Jardin Del ArteJardin Del Arte
Jardin Del Arte

My favourite place so far!
Fairy Floss Mexico style!!Fairy Floss Mexico style!!
Fairy Floss Mexico style!!

see it floating down the street!? watch the video its so funny!


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb