Photos - La Paz Ferry, Copper Canyon & Creel


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Chihuahua » Copper Canyon
June 28th 2008
Published: June 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all, another photo backlog.

We are currently in Zazatecas, pretty close to the centre of Mexico. We got a 11 hour overnight bus from Chihuahua so are pretty tired, but did manage to have a good look around town. It´s a must see place if travelling through here. As far as cities go it´s by far the nicest so far. Very beautiful architecture to be seen everywhere you look and incredible hilly landscape. Photos from here still to come unfortunately.
Arlene, if you and Benj stay here then the Hostel Colonial in town looks really good and came recommended. We opted for the hotel by the train station as have to get up at 4am again to catch the bus to Guanajuato.
Both feeling a bit under the weather, blah. Things should ease up a bit soon as we have sorted our flights to Cuba and back to LA (they were fairly affordable too!). After one more night we´ll be in Mexico City for a few days and can rest up a bit, then another few nights of travelling before a decent rest in Cancun. Then 2 weeks in Cuba before flying back to Cancun then to LA after
some rich guy docked at a beach near La Paz the whole 5 hours we were waiting for the ferry to leavesome rich guy docked at a beach near La Paz the whole 5 hours we were waiting for the ferry to leavesome rich guy docked at a beach near La Paz the whole 5 hours we were waiting for the ferry to leave

He had his own helcopter and jet skis on board - we were more than a little jealous of his comfort!
a few more nights. We were hoping to pass through Texas and Arizona but there´s just no way we´ll have time. We also had to give up on the Guatemala idea as I can´t take malaria meds while pregnant.

Am a bit over being stared at! There are plenty of pale-skins here so it´s not that, but with the blond/red hair and blue eyes we just stand out. Rob´s physique is also totally different to Mexican men. I think it´s assumed we´re Americans and there is obviously a lot of curiosity. Still, on the whole the staring isn´t rude, just politely curious mostly.

Just some quick highlights from previous days:
* A pair of drunken guys in cowboy hats blearily going up and down the main street of Creel on a horse and looking more and more like they were going to slide off. Hilarious!
* Cowboy hats and boots to be seen everywhere in Chihuahua, and shops selling them too. Have seen some pretty nifty matching hat/boot/belt ensembles in shades like pales green and pink.
* Our first Mexican trannies in Chihuahua, and they looked at us like we were the curiosities, hehe.
* The traffic getting crazier and less considerate as we get closer to Mexico City. Definitely very different in Baja where people would slow down and wave you across. Here, never assume that a ped crossing means anything! Not that they´ll run you down or anything, but they won´t make it easy either.
* We´ve spent 64 hours so far on either buses, trains or ferries this trip!
* We spent our last day in Chihuahua killing time in town to avoid the bus station as they´ve all been so grungy so far only to find it was huge, clean and modern, classic.
* Forgot to mention that we also saw a bat in La Paz, catching moths at sunset by the waterfront. Saw another hummingbird in Chihuahua too.

XX



Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



29th June 2008

hey flower
beautiful photos, as always. can't wait for more stories. Cuba! How exciting!!
30th June 2008

Loving it...
Hey Krista Am LOVING your blog, and check first thing every morning and night when I get home. It's as exciting as a cross between a soap and Getaway. Keep up the great blog and have an awesome time. Kérry xx The weather here sucks balls!
12th September 2008

la paz
wow this has been a really long time i had not been there and this pictures had remanded me about this days

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb