San Cristobal De La Cases Mexico


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Burnt sipping lemonadeBurnt sipping lemonadeBurnt sipping lemonade

The Mexicans make awesome lemonade!
Dias Quattro

The first day in San Cristobal that we had we decided to explore the town. We headed up a long hill and raced up a lot of steps to a church. From the church we could see the whole of San Cristobal nestled in the forested mountains. All the church had was a few weird Jesus mannequins so we soon left. We went to a museum called ´Na Bolom´meaning the house of the Jaguar. This museum was set up by a German couple to showcase the cultures of the indigenous Mayan people who lived in the rainforest around San Cristobal. This couple made very good friends with an elder from the Lacandon tribe called Chankin Viejo. By the time Chankin died at the age of 104 years old he had fathered 25 children by four different women. He gets my vote for Mexico´s ultimate Lad. In evening we went to a Lebanese restaurant and I had a chicken Shawarma, it was so good.

Dias Cinco and Seis

Chilled out in San Cristobal on the first day as it was raining for most of it. Elle purchased some snazzy new trousers when we went to the market to do some bartering. Hopefully I can get some pictures up at some point. In the afternoon we played a bit of pool and Elle bet me 50 pounds that she could beat me by the end of the trip. Easiest 50 quid i´ll ever make. In the evening we went to a restaurant and there were no people in it, the food was very nice though. San Cristobal was a really nice town and I would recommend it to anyone that is heading to Mexico.
The next day we had a 9 hours bus journey to Quetzaltenango in Guatemala, we met a few cool on their way to different parts of Guatemala. We also got a few more border stamps to add to the Collection.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb