San cristobel de las casas


Advertisement
Published: March 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The first impression of San cristobel is thats youre no longer in Mexico .

The city is very beautifull as expected from a city who just recently returned to Mexico from being a Spanish colony .
All the houses are colored in many diffrent colors , every two blocks or so theres a big chruch , the streets are not paved with asphalt but with sheards of stones much more beautifull than all the rest cities ive been to in Mexico so far (Tulum isnt that preety its just the feeling you have there makes you feel amazing) .
In San cristobal ive been for about a week and here i passed my birthday drinking cheap rom next to the campfire there (in the hostel everyday they have a campfire in night) . of course everyone drinking and having fun .
Theres not much to say about San cristobel beacuse the city itself is not too big , and has one big market and one torustic street , whice everyone goes to atleast 5 times a day so everyday i was meeting a lot of people a lot of times , but from Sab cristobal i went to other places nearby , San john , whice is a place with one big church that the people there drink cola as theyre praying and they burp as the say the prayer (a thing that i didnt get to see) but inside the chruch they also bring chickens (pollo pota madre !!) and kill them in hope that the sickness of a person would go to the chicken ..
Also i went to a Canyon , a natural one where you sail in a boat to see the canyon , very nice terriens .

From San cristobal i toke a van to Panachtel in Guatamale ,
On the way we were stopped by a protast , some people blocked the road and shouted in megaphones some political messages , we were delayed there for about 40 minutes whice i constantly thought in Israel 5 minutes later the police would come and open the road , but the weirdest thing happened after the road was open , to pass you would have to PAY these people 2$ a car .. , and on the way to the Guatamala borders there were pleanty of cars ..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb