Day 10 & 11


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Chiapas » Palenque
November 29th 2008
Published: November 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another windy journey to the next town called Palenque. En route we stopped at the Agua Azul falls which were absolutely beautiful. The weather is much nicer here as we're back at sea level so it was a perfect opportunity for a swim which was so nice. We then went to the Misol Ha falls, which unfortunately wasn't safe to swim in. Looked amazing though. It was the falls used in Predator which Arnold Schwarzneger jumps over in the film. We climbed into one of the caves behind the waterfall which was pretty impressive and we also got to see some bats.

We went onto Palenque from there. Not much to do here but strolled around the town and went to dinner. The following day we had a nice day of jungle walking and seeing the Palenque ruins. Didn't see any wildlife unfortunately but certainly heard the Howler Monkeys - sounded pretty scary! Went to an outdoor bar in the jungle that night where we had a few drinks and saw a cool fireshow. Again didn't stay out too late - don't know whats come over me!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb