US embassador hurts Mexican tourism


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California
January 6th 2009
Published: January 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Every time the US ambassador at México post a warning for travelers in US web sites and recommend not to visit Mexico for your own safety, is affecting the third most important income on México´s economy. Therefore, is causing thousand of Mexicans that works on the tourism sector to get fired by their superiors at hotels, restaurants and other businesses.
The main argument is the current war between drug cartels (different families that run the drug business) in México. Did you noticed the word “between”, this mean they do kill each other but do not harm or kill regular Mexican citizens not even travelers for sure. In México there has not been a tourist or traveler murder in decades.
The current war of drug in México is real and it does happen every day, mainly in northern México. The current Mexican government is following the US suggestions just like Colombia is doing it as well, with negative consequences for México and Colombia. Mexico is militarizing its territory with the argument of fighting the drug cartels, but is also a way to stop every social movement against this government, which by the way was not chosen by the majority of its citizens.
The result on the US is that the drug prices increase because there a bit less offer and the US drug cartels get the best out of this. For Mexico, daily murders of Mexican soldiers, Mexican people get scare, travelers from overseas decrees, less income for Mexican economy and more immigrants to US.
What I want to tell you travelers is that don´t pay attention to the media and less the one that is used by your government, come to México it is safe for you and for me as a Mexican resident.
Here are some pictures that I took from Tijuana, Ensenada, San Felipe and more, I did survive!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

dorther mex-usadorther mex-usa
dorther mex-usa

I took this picture from the US side and walk again to mexico
rumorosarumorosa
rumorosa

many people died for car accidents, it´s a scary road but worht to see
chimichangas plate-tecatechimichangas plate-tecate
chimichangas plate-tecate

you have to try them there ar served all over baja


7th January 2009

Your post...
You are the biggest pussy that's ever written a post on this Website. You make apologies for the scum that are the cartels and you blame the American ambassador for common sense warnings! YOU ARE AN IDIOT! I don't know if you are a Mexican or a dirty chicaho, a liberal gringo or just some stupid hippie who's been on a bus a few times and thinks he suddently knows the world. But I'm a Mexican born in Guerrero who grew up in Cuernavaca, Morelos who's tired of the violence that goes on in my country every single day. It is pussies like you who are the first to get killed by the filth that deal with drugs and violence... I'm sick of it and I'm sick of you. FUCK YOU!
7th January 2009

okay okay
Take it easy man this is just a personal comment, but is evident your terrible understanding of your own country and you are far away from being a tolerant person.If you are best friend of Antonio Garza (US embassador) great but as I told you take it easy is just a blogg that I post okay, we are free to say everything we think of. You don´t semm to be from Guerrero state, where in the high parts LA SIERRA, is full of militar check points for " drug control but the real thing is for arrest every campesino who is protecting its environment from iligal logging or basic human rights. This is your country, welcome and try to be more informed.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb