San Quintin to San Ignacio


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California Sur
February 16th 2011
Published: February 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Tijuana to San Ignacio


We woke up at 6 am and packed our tent and sleeping bags. We took a little walk around the bay of San Quintin to see the beautiful views and we loaded into our car and were on our way. We stopped in El Rosario and had breakfast at the famous "Mama Espinoza's." This place is well known as an Expat hang-out and check point for the the Baja 1000 race. Espinoza's has a little hotel and a great restaraunt that is also a launch point for team's of NGO's in the region. Steve Mcqueen is also known to have made his stop here too as Cris claims.

We drove from El Rosario to Guerro Negro. We continued past Guerro Negro and went a few kilometers past to Laguna Ojo de Liebre. We had to drive through 27 km of unpaved road, which was not ideal for our little rented sedan. We managed to get a flat and get stuck in the sand on our way. We made it to the bay finally and could see many gray whales giving birth from the shore. We were too late for a boat tour and we decided to continue on to San Ignacio.
We arrived into San Ignacio at around 7pm. It was dark, but from the looks of the place it should be a beatiful town to enjoy. There are palm trees all around and our tent is right next to a river. I cannot wait to wake in the morning to see the sights.

An observation I have made today was that the other travelers we have seen have are not all your normal 20 something backpackers flowing through life, but a mature type of travlerer instead. Many seem to be here for an adventure, action sport or to find themselves. We seen many indivduals and groups in Motorcycles, Dirt Bikes, Buggies, Off Road Trucks, Mountain Bikes, RV's and tent campers. Baja is definitly a place to enjoy the outdoors and the fun involved with being outdoors.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0863s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb