Michael's Visit, St. Paddy's Day and a bunch of photos!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California Sur
March 19th 2008
Published: March 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Here we are finally......Here we are finally......Here we are finally......

This was the destination of our hike. Beautiful fresh water falls, but very cold!
It has been awhile since my last entry. We have been pretty busy getting things settled in and then preparing for Michael's visit with his girlfriend, Rachael. They had spent 4 days in Cabo San Lucas and fortunately the wind stayed low for their stay there. We, too, enjoyed warm, wind free weather for about 4 days and then the big blow came in. The weather here, like most of the US, has been very indifferent. Usually the wind dies right down in March, but the kiters are happy.

We managed to finally get our sensor light functioning but it is very sensitive! A bug goes in the path and it goes on! I guess we will have to get that figured out. Then there is the saga of our water heater. STill not installed although Chito came back today with every intention of installing it. However, the water needs to be turned off --and you can't JUST turn off the water to the site, oh, NO! The whole park has to shut down. This is not very convenient b/c the residents get all mad if it is off too long. Anyway, while soldering the copper pipes, someone turned on the water main and interrupted the soldering so......manana???

Even though it was pretty windy while Michael was here, we had a good time. On Tuesday we decided to take this hike back to some falls just outside of a little town called Santiago. It was wash board roads back to the area which is supposedly a protected area. Once on the rocky trail and not losing footing for the time being, we were led to yet another ROCKIER downhill hike--almost straight down. However, there was a rope tied to a tree that we could hang on to on the way down. Whew....that was not so easy. I thought the way up would be better--NOT. But it was worth it because the falls were gorgeous and it was so serene there. And also pretty clean!

Rachael and Michael brought the game Apples to Apples and that was a fun game. They also "suffered" through my favorite mindless game called LCR. It is a dice game--Right, Left, Center. Mike won. We never did get around to Euchre!

Saint Patrick'S Day was also Rachael's birthday. Since she does not like cake, I made brownies. We went out to lunch at this one restaurant where we had not yet eaten but had heard rave reviews about their stuffed peppers. Wow! They were so good--green peppers stuffed w/ shrimp and a load of cheese! Fantastic! To further celebrate the day, we went to the more gringo style pub called Tio Pablo's for corned beef and cabbage. The cabbage was great but we all agreed that we were very disappointed in the corned beef. IT was pretty tough. The salad bar was great too though. And they served free tequila shots although I think the shots had to have been very watered down because I had one and could still walk and talk!

Wednesday we had to take the kids to the airport and say our goodbyes..........I always hate that part of the visits. But it was a good one and I think the kids enjoyed themselves too!




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Going back up....Going back up....
Going back up....

Rachael gave me some good tips on getting back up! This was no climb for wimps!
Descending....Descending....
Descending....

No nice stairway here! And this a protected area? And they charged me $4 to do this????
Descending....Descending....
Descending....

No nice stairway here! And this a protected area? And they charged me $4 to do this????
Michael and Rachael at Tio'sMichael and Rachael at Tio's
Michael and Rachael at Tio's

This is a nice pic of the kids. We were at the restaurant called Tio Pablo's where we had the corned beef dinner.
The waterfallThe waterfall
The waterfall

Here is the culminating vista from our trek downward!
On the way out of the protected areaOn the way out of the protected area
On the way out of the protected area

We had to have a beer to celebrate our "safe" return....yeah, right, excuses, excuses....Mike didn't get ready fast enough but like mother like son! lol
For old times sake!For old times sake!
For old times sake!

As a kid, Michael was always pushing the limits of how far over the edge he could go--like one time in Grand Canyon! Here we reenact but w/ both of us pushing the limits!
Rose Ellen posesRose Ellen poses
Rose Ellen poses

Rose Ellen (sorry if I have the spelling wrong) is one of the friends I met here. It is clear from this pic that she is a fun person!
Rachael is considering it.....Rachael is considering it.....
Rachael is considering it.....

.....Michael says, "Yes, please! I am IRISH"
Green shots!Green shots!
Green shots!

I know that I said I would never do this, but I was assured that the tequila was "not strong". It wasn't because I could still walk!


21st March 2008

What fun!! The hike really could have been dangerous if that rope had broken, ugh! I would have celebrated likewise. I'm sure it was a lot of fun having the kids there. Have a Happy Easter, we'll be by ourselves too!

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb