The "no" town ...Cabo San Lucas


Advertisement
Published: November 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Los Cabos (The Capes), our 6th day destination, is not actually a town. It is the name officials bestowed upon two once remote Baja communities: Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo as well as the stretch of coast that connects them known as “the Corridor”. Again, we “tendered” into the pier. We have become quite “tenderized” actually! We shared the Bay with both a Holland America ship as well as a Princess Cruises, so you can imagine the crowd at the markets and on the boardwalk. We had been to Cabo before so were not surprised with the “new” look of the place. When you think of a quaint little Mexican coastal community, that is NOT Cabo (now 60,000) …. at least not where the ship docks. In order to get any Mexican flavour you have to get out of the tourist area and back into San Jose to see the traditional way of Mexican life. Some day soon we would like to RV down the Baja coast and spend some time in the San Jose area.

After getting back to the ship, we decided to utilize the “jogging track” …. not to jog on mind you … but to saunter on and get some great pictures of the beautiful coastal views that were priceless. Then another fine dinner (we chose the Aqua Room for dinner), then off to the Starlight Theatre for a New York rendition of “South Pacific”.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Two very "well fed"  tourists !!!! Two very "well fed"  tourists !!!!
Two very "well fed" tourists !!!!

A view of "The Marina" from the boardwalk


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.069s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb