Days 48-50: Okanagan Valley


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
September 11th 2014
Published: November 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After our adventure in the mountains, we made our way to the Okanagan Valley for some romantic time and serious wine drinking. Our first stop was in Kelowna, where we stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast. Just outside Kelowna, we visited the Mission Hill Winery and partook in the "Legacy Tasting Experience", a sommelier guided tour through the estate with lots of wine tasting and food pairings along the way. The estate itself was beautiful, one of the nicest wineries I've ever seen. The wine and food was delicious; we are able to try a range of wines from their most basic to most expensive (Oculus at $100 a bottle). The sommelier gave us a lot of insight into wine and food pairings, which we weren't aware of, but hope to implement in our meals to come. We drove down the famous route from Kelowna to Osoyoos. The area is known not only for its wine, but also its delicious fruit. We stayed in Osoyoos for a couple nights, dedicating one day to biking from one winery to the next. The head wind we encountered (and lack of air in our tires) made the biking challenging, but it was well worth it, as we were able to visit many great wineries and finish off the day with one of the best meals in my whole Trans-Canada trip, Terrafina, the restaurant at Hester Creek Winery. All wined out, we left Osoyoos and headed for Vancouver.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb