Good Bye Europe


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
September 18th 2011
Published: September 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Early Wednesday morning we saw Europe disappearing underneath our plane that took us to New York. There we transferred onto a smaller one. But a lot had happened before all this. Questioned why we visited the U.S as well going through a machine that can see right through you were some of the obstacles we had to pass. After a good flight we arrived at Newark. We had to enter through Customs that meant more questions as well as finger printing and eye photographs. Now we were cleared to get the luggage. We could drop the big suitcases and kept the cabin ones to go into a lot smaller plane, to engines with propellers, that took us to Buffalo. As last a shuttle service took us to the Canadian site of Buffalo and our Hotel. It does sound strange but we seem to have departure lounges that are the furthest away, so we always walk for miles on airports. We were very happy to see the room and have a shower. The weather was okay that made us go out to take a few photos of the Falls. Tomorrow we have a better look, now we looked for a place to eat. There is plenty of choice. Many eating places advertising what and how much, no problems there. After we had breakfast American style, Liz had three eggs and bacon, we went down with a train ride to the falls. Just before that Liz clamped down an Indian. You could recognise he was, by his hair do and skin colour. He was a very friendly person who told us lots of things about their way of living. They do live in a reservation but it is their choice. There are six nations living around there, and the Mohawk were the largest. He did not tell to which he belonged, we presume he was Mohawk. The sun was shinning when we arrived at the Falls. What a spectacular sight. The amount of water what comes down is unbelievable. We walked all the way along the promenade towards Rainbow bridge, taking video and photos. We were very disappointed seeing just such a small statue of Nicola Tesla, the man that gave light to America. There is very little known by the people about such a clever man. We made a stop at the Hot dog stand but passed and went for a Ham sandwich with coffee. A bit tired of the long walk along the Falls we made our way to the Hotel for a rest. Tomorrow we leave here to go south. That will be another story. By for now Liz & Allan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb