Day 7 - Visitors Galore


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
July 30th 2011
Published: August 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

One week into our trip we decided to go into town and get a few things because Mom was going to be cooking a dinner for Dad’s Uncle Harold and Harold’s wife Arlene. We all piled into the truck and drove the whole 5 minutes into town. Mom went into the grocery store and Dad, Shae, Shawn and myself walked over to a nearby ice cream shack. They had millions and millions of different ice creams ... pretty unusual ones too. Dad got a kiwi yogurt, Shawn a strawberry shake, Shaley got a toasted coconut dip, and I got a butterscotch dip. We also got a order of onion rings that were pretty tasty as well. We sat and ate our treats as a group of about 16 motor-cyclists pulled up to get some for themselves. They were also on a road trip up to Thunder Bay from Duluth, Minnesota. They were headed there for the huge Harley Davidson rally where 800 other riders were. After we finished eating we went back to the trailer for a quick swim before our guests arrived. Shaley got bit by a bee - that was actually a horsefly - so we walked back to find mom’s good friend Sylvia had come for a visit with her brother Wayne, niece, and daughter Jolene. We visited with them and shortly after Harold had arrived. Arlene and him brought us presents like wine for Mom and Dad, magazines and bath goodies for me and Shae, PezÔ candies and a coloring book for Shawn as well as hand wash for the trailer. The family visited for a while and ate Mom’s beautiful (as always) dinner of prime rib roast, potatoes, the best gravy ever made, BBQ veggies, Caesar salad and some buns. Then we had more visitors, Sylvia’s sister Vivian and her 2 kids came over. The families visited for a while longer and soon everybody went home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb