Another season almost most over...


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon
July 14th 2007
Published: July 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone!
Well after reading Jenica’s blog it made me really want to write my own… however, mine is sadly not as adventurous or exciting! My biggest news is that Marcus (one of my best buddies from my last stint in the creek) came up to visit us with his friend Chris, and together we booted it to Dawson City. The top of the world highway was absolutely amazing and breathtaking, and Dawson City - once a rival of New York during the gold rush - was very cool with old buildings and hotels and saloons everywhere. It’s here that you can do the “Sour Toe” a gold miner back during the rush lost his big toe, and now travelers can buy their favorite shot, toss in the toe, and shoot it back to get a certificate and bragging rites (just have to make sure the petrified toe touches your lip). I was intending to do the shot since it’s just one of those crazy Yukon things that you do up here… until I saw how big the toe nail was… toe, no big deal, but petrified long toe nail… words can’t explain!
We spent most of our time in the various saloons of Dawson, but the best one would have to be Diamond Tooth Gerties - a casino/ bar with three nightly shows of cabaret and cancan dancers, (the boys especially liked the cancan dancers! )
After drinking way too much, surviving on two hours of sleep per night, and creating a couple of awesome memories in Dawson, we returned home to good ol’ Beaver Creek.
Canada Day here was a pretty interesting event with the police, medical crew, kids on bikes, horses and carriages, and red minivans. Even the Westmark put a truck in with a big sigh, “Honk if you’re Beaver Friendly” and balloons and candy. Mike and I got to be the King and Queen of the truck with big crowns and bouquets of flowers! It was high class Beaver Creek style!! Oh, and another event we had here was the Hoe Down party at the Sloppy Beaver Saloon (aka staff rec...) It had an excellent shooting range, bbq area, broken tubs, and everything a good saloon should have! There are some pictures below...
Now the end of my second season in the creek is coming to an end and like the first time, it was an excellent experience. I met some great people, had some great times, and made great memories.
I’m planning on being back in Kelowna around the 2-4th and frantically running around to fly to Mexico City on the 8th! Hopefully you’re all doing well, and I’ll see some of you soon in Kelowna!
Hasta luego!
Linds



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



16th July 2007

Oooooooooh Canada!
Well Hello Gorgeous! Good to hear from you, hear some stories and see some pictures. Y estos chicos ... bastante guapos if you ask me! Y vos, te veo hermosa! I hope you are well, and not working too hard! I wish I could see you before you leave for Mexico ... bueno, tal vez podemos hablar por telefono, por lo menos. Great photos and scenery - but what about the big toe? No photos?!

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb