A Challenging Day


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon » Whitehorse
August 2nd 2013
Published: August 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

About a half hour out of Haines Junction this morning, Jon and Joyce heard their tire alarm sound, and lo and behold: their THIRD flat tire on this trip. We all pulled over, put on our flashers; and the three boys got to work changing the tire. In Whitehorse, Jon discovered that the tire was totally irreparable. It was cut in at least 6 places. We all pulled into a Walmart parking lot in Whitehorse. Jon got to work figuring out a solution while the rest of us grocery shopped, debated what to do, and drank Starbucks coffee. Final decision was for the Ancell and Gerdes couples to haul on in to our next campground in Teslin, and await the arrive of the Osborns. By the way, I (Carolyn) hauled for a good bit today. I know, I said I wouldn't, but the other two ladies talked me into it. Nuf said. We are TIRED; and still, Ron cleans the bugs off the cap before he allows himself to take a nap. Tell that Energizer Bunny to take it easy (Ancell kids and siblings, give him heck!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



8th August 2013

Rough country and gooooooo Carolyn!
Apparently those roads aren't REALLY made for RVs! But what is a few flat tires among so many campers! C, keep hauling! Love,
8th August 2013

We were just laughing about him cleaning bugs off of the RV this weekend. David just laughed and said that his dad would be appalled at the bugs on the front of his rig! We also joke about several other things, now that we are official RVers!

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.5kb