3rd day in Dawson


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon » Dawson City
July 29th 2010
Published: July 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone,

Well as you can see we're still in Dawson awaiting road opening to Alaska. We spent our time cleaning and maintaining the bikes today as well as visiting dredge number 4, a national historic site about 12kms out of town. It's HUGE ....see photos.
At present i'm sat in the Dawson public library using their router for internet access. The internet cafe here shuts down at 5pm so i can't always get to it in time.
According to the local info centre, we should be a go for Alaska tomorrow as they anticipate the road opening in the morning. If this is the case, Adam and I will roll out of town toward Delta Junction tomorrow and on toward Prudhoe Bay. Saying this, Adam may have trouble getting past the border due to his lack of number plate! We'll just have to see how that goes (he has reported all this to the RCMP and has the correct documentation to accompany the bike).
The weather here is wonderful today (thank God) and we're looking forward to a few days of dry weather riding. Anyway....as you can see there's not a lot going on in our world at present until we get back on the road. Naturally this comes with a price......lack of internet coverage too so bear with me as i try to keep you posted en route....if not sporadically.

regards

Nevil


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb