The Prairies: Home of the Big Sky


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Saskatchewan
September 6th 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After two and a half days of rugged, rolling Ontario, we finally made our way into the flat expanse of Manitoba, the land of big sky. I had been to Winnipeg once before and upon our descent into the airport, I remember being shocked at the sheer uni-dimensionality of this terrain. But like almost all Canadian geography, when we do prairies, we do 'em big. These planes are almost overwhelming in their flatness and I went a bit stir crazy our third day driving through Saskatchewan. It seriously feels like the road continues endlessly towards the horizon, and I wondered a few times if perhaps the scenery was moving by us as we remained stationary. I have a feeling Alice would have felt at home in the prairies.
Wanting to cover as much flat land as possible the third day, we set out from our last Ontario outpost and managed to get through Manitoba in one day! This felt great after having spent about 25 hours getting out of Ontario. So, we motored through Manitoba, and like that we were in Elkhorn, Saskatchewan for the night, with a campsite and a good nights rest for the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb