New York & Cruise trip 2013


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Saguenay
September 22nd 2013
Published: September 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 6

Today we caught the train to Quebec (pronounced Keebek) we decided to go Business Class which was a great idea - we loved it and were served a 3 course meal and free drinks. We four had a table between us and the plan was that we would play Canasta on our journey but fell asleep after lunch. It was interesting that it was so much cheaper to go Business Class on the train than it was to fly!

We arrived at the very old but lovely old Quebec railway station and found our way to the hotel - staying at Marriott hotels all the way until we get on the ship tomorrow - Yeehaaaaaaaa!

We went to a restaurant called Hobbits for dinner - gosh everything is taxed 15% on top of the price and then there is 15% expected tip on top of that. One of our group paid the bill and only gave 10% tip so they weren't too happy about that!!

Day 7

A really nice warmish day today after the cold of the last few days and especially last night. We went for a long walk around to find a nice spot for breakfast and then walked around looking for Old Quebec which we discovered was uphill - after walking quite steeply downhill..... so we ended up catching a cab back to the hotel and then walked across the road to where the main gates are.

In the evening we went to Old Quebec for dinner - what a fantastic area it is - very lively, people everywhere and singers in the many restaurants and shops open until all hours. Loved it. Also saw our ship in the harbour ready and waiting for us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.316s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb