Quebec city walkabout


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
September 16th 2013
Published: September 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our day was spent in Old Quebec City. We found parking close to the Citadel but the max time was 2 hours. We walked all of the city and did not find any better parking. So every 2 hours we had to go back to the truck and put money in the meter. Our first stop was breakfast, where we found the most expensive eggs on the planet at a small place called Restaurant d'Omelette. The omelette's were good but not worth $40.00. Next was a tour of the Citadel. It is actually a working army base so you can't just walk around in there yourself. You have to be with a guide. The tour was very informative and there is quite a collection of army artifacts in some of the buildings. It is kept in very good condition. Right close to there is the Plains of Abraham and the Governor General's Promenade and Boardwalk. We took a ton of pictures from there and around the citadel. We then stuck some money in the meter and headed down into the city. We walked everywhere, taking in all the cool little shops and museums. We had lunch at a place that incidentally had the most expensive French onion soup on the planet. We were pretty tired by the end of the day, since we had climbed the hill back to the truck a couple of times for parking payment. We really love this city and we tried to see as much as we could of it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.122s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb