Road Tripping to Quebec City!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
August 22nd 2013
Published: August 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

This was our first real trip for Asley and I .... apart from a couple of days at my brother's cottage. What Asley had often expressed was that what he really wanted to do was go somewhere where he could just drive. Ironic considering that he drives for a living.

First of all, going to Quebec City was somewhat of a spontaneous decision. But when your boyfriend texts you and asks whether you want to go to Quebec ... there is not a lot to think about ... yes yes yes. Add that Asley had never been and that we were both in need of a bit of a break ... it was a no brainer that we needed to do this.

The last time I had been to Quebec City was in 1997 ... so I was probably overdue and I also needed a refresher as to what to see and do. In reading quickly about some of the sites, I came upon the Chemin du Roy. It's the old highway that links Montreal and Quebec and it takes you through a number of small towns. When I threw the idea out to Asley, he quickly agreed that
imageimageimage

Large metal sunflower by a park in Ste Anne des Plaines
it would be a fun thing to do. Okay so it would take us about 10 hours (instead of about 5 hours) to get there but at least we would see something. Let's face it ... highway driving is not that fascinating and it certainly does not give you any photo ops. Small towns ... they ooze with photo ops.

So highway 138 it was ... and we both loved it. We stopped here and there ... whenever the urge hit us ... or whenever I would scream out STOP at the sight of something interesting. It didn't take long to Asley to get into the groove and point out stuff himself. Unfortunately it did rain for the first part of the trip which made jumping out to take photos trickier but ... at the end of the day, we were on our way and still just enjoying the ride.

So now we are safely tucked into our hotel room just at the foot of the Pont de Quebec and just relaxing with a drink, a long shower and a bit of mindless TV.


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

imageimage
image

We ended up with a couple of detours along the way!
imageimage
image

Asley broke out into song when this came on ....
imageimage
image

My apologies to my Coca Cola driver boyfriend!
imageimage
image

Redemption!
imageimage
image

Corn field after corn field
imageimage
image

Stopped and waiting at a road block
imageimage
image

And we are off again!
imageimage
image

Okay not centered ... but taken out of a moving vehicle
imageimage
image

I think that this is in Louseville ... the blue doors caught my attention.


Tot: 0.316s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 57; dbt: 0.086s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb