Monday 16th August 2010


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
August 16th 2010
Published: August 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The journey continues.
We were kept awake during the night by massive thunder storms. We could see both sheet and normal lightning flashing around the city.
44mm of rain has fallen in the past 24 hours.

We were up on time and had a chance after a quick breakfast to quickly explore and take some photographs.
Then we were off again. The countryside gradually changed and there was a lot more farm land.
We stopped at a large fruit and vegetable market for an early lunch and then continued along by the St. Lawrence river. Everywhere now the wording is in French as we near Quebec. Stopped at a Catholic church for a break. Aparently the Madonna statue actually cried a tear in the last century so now this is a significant site for Roman Catholics.
The organ was playing which was nice but the overwhelming smell of incense was stiffling and I had to leave.

Watched a big ship moving along the St. Lawrence.

Arrived at our hotel about 4pm. Room was filthy so quickly complained and had it changed.
New one is okay.
Also found that I had left my umbrella behind so had to buy a new one, the last one in the shop.

After a wash and brush up it was a drive into the old town and a wonderful meal with great conversation.
Then a walk through the flood lite town. There were musicians playing, circus acts, and lots of artists plying their wares down little side streets. Very French but the style of French is very difficult to understand.
Not a lot of photos today as the connection at the hotel is very slow. One photo takes 20 minutes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb