day 10 - boston, ma to quebec city, canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
May 30th 2010
Published: June 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

another early start with 7:45am bags to coach. today was a driving day.

we drove for about 2.5 hrs before our first pit stop at a maccas/kfc/servo for half an hour. then we drove another 2.5hours to a place call augusta in maine. here we shopped in walmart for about 40mins. found a $3 pillow for the trip, and got some reallyy cute tshirts for on $1...bargain! we then went and got some fruit salad from the grocery store for lunch.
we hit the road again for a little bit before arriving at the usa/canada border.
we got did our duty free shopping, and then crossed the border, no problems with anyone thank goodess.
we drive for a while longer, our tour manager justin out 'the departed' on, i snoozed with my new pillow. we stopped somewhere else for a stretch and then it was tie to do coach introductions (personally i think its something that should have been done on day 1).we each had to sit next to someone, get some specific info about them then go and present the person at the front of the bus to everyone else.
then we did like a lil 'speed dating' type thing where we moved from person to person on the coach. to be honest, i think i only know a few more peoples names and we're kinda set in our groups now anyway.
as we got closer to quebec it got veryyyy smokey and the sun turned the errie red colour we all know so well from the black saturday fires. apparently not too far from quebec there are about 45 forest (bush) fires that are out of control.
we thought of here we go, the photos are gonna b so rubbish but oh well.
we got to the hotel just before 6am and showered etc before leaving at 7pm for our included dinner at a place in quebec city.
dinner was italian tonight which was very nice. mary and i sat with a couple of guys we hadnt really gotten to kno, brad from perth and travis who is actually from berwick. nice guys. we had lasagne and chocolate cake then ade our way across the road to a lil bar called ozone. the drinks were pretty cheap so we stayed there for a lil bit then went to a club only a few doors. cant remember the name, but it had really good music. the only prob was that the crowd was a bunch of like 18-20 yr olds. so we stuck mostly in our contiki group. we had quite a few drinks here too as they were only $4 spirits, communication was a little struggle.
throughout the night the group slowly got smalled before it got to after 2:30 and there was only 7 of us left. we decided it was time to go 'home' too.
me, mel, bonnie, brad and ryan got the front of the club but somehow between the bar and the door we had lost travis and dr.neil. we waitted out the front for about 10mins before we said 'stuff em' and found a maxicab to get back to the hotel. thankfully this time round the hotel is real close the city and its only like $13 to get back here. we got back in just after 3, ryan was smashed and decided to stay up with others that were still awake and the rest of us hit the hay.



Advertisement



2nd June 2010

Aww! I miss the "such-and-such AM, bags to coach" comment! lol FINALLY you get to do the coach intros then! Geez! Unorganised much?!

Tot: 0.411s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 84; dbt: 0.1348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb