Still no cappuccinos but the buildings are cool!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
August 28th 2007
Published: August 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi there.

Im back in Quebec City for the conference which started on Sunday. Quebec city has some wonderful buildings in the old section and lots of very French shops, cafes, cafes, cafes and cafes!

The conference is a little disapopointing in terms of relevance of speakers but Ive met a few researchers that have been very helpful with info and interested in my work, which has been encouraging. I went to a talk yesterday with a japanese professor that mumbled pretty much unitelligbly, hunched over the lectern reading off his notes. Each of his slides had enough info for 10 slides and were also unintelligible. Most interesting - not! Kinda funny in a 'this would be hilarious if I hadnt travelled halfway round the world for it' sort of way!!

Ive been metting some friendly and interesting hostellers from all over the world and had lunch with a very nice Belgian Psychiatrist! : )

Tomorrow we have the day off so I get to go on a walking tour with some other conference people. Probably around the same area I'm staying and have walked around about 6 times! But there should be some history info attached; and its a nice chance to chat with some of the others.

Thats about it for now. Im going to upload pics when I get back. Its too hard and time consuming from hostel conputers so for those of you whove been asking about pics, it will happen (and thanks for asking!).

Cheers
Andrew

Advertisement



Tot: 0.03s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0156s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1000.9kb