Canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal
October 24th 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello to you all, writing from a very sunny and summer warm San Francisco !

Started the travelling Monday 2 weeks ago by being picked up at the airport in Montreal and heading for a cottage at Lake Cameron, with my ex-colleagues from Cirque - Patrick, Nathalie and their now 11 month old son Olivier. The place was super relaxing and had a great location by the lake. We went for some trips around the area (great autumn colours of the leaves !) and as Nat & Pat are looking into opening up a Spa in the area we went to check out their competition - the spa name was "La Scandinave" (where a Turkish Steam sauna is called a Norwegian sauna...). In between the sauna's we took a dip in the 15 degree (cold) river water. Very refreshing ! Also nice to just sit at home and read a book, and get the fire place going in the evening.

After the days of relaxing it was time to head down to Toronto were Julie was flying in on Saturday night. We stayed with Gila, who I also have met a few times in Amsterdam. That Saturday I rented a car (it was actually cheaper to rent a car than taking the bus !!!) and went down to the Niagara Falls. Funny, the picture I had in my head from watching the Superman movie those (many, many) years ago I thought they would be bigger...... but they are still amazing !

Monday we borrowed Gilas car and went to visit Julies sister Diannah, who lives about 1 hour outside Toronto and staid there for 2 nights before heading to Ottawa for another 2 nights, visiting Julies friend Sarah and her family. Then the last 2 nights was in Montreal where Julie had her MBA reunion and I was kindly invited to come along to the parties. Lots of people had flown in from around North America (and a few from Europe). Saturday evening was in Montreals "Supper Club" (not laying on matrasses like the version in Amsterdam, but still good food & wine and fun partying after dinner).

So it has been a lot of friends visit, everyone has been very nice and welcoming ! The next 2 weeks in S.F. I will still be catching up with friends, and then the "real" adventure begings. I'm hoping you are all good and that the sun is shining on you wherever you are 😊

Marie







Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Pat's & Nat's house in OttawaPat's & Nat's house in Ottawa
Pat's & Nat's house in Ottawa

Their apartment being renovated right now...
Unscheduled pit stop...Unscheduled pit stop...
Unscheduled pit stop...

letting one of the passangers off who was a bit, hmm, loud (on the way to Toronto).
Family picture :)Family picture :)
Family picture :)

Julie, Mike, Diannah and Olivia
Trying on the dress from SevilleTrying on the dress from Seville
Trying on the dress from Seville

that Olivia got from auntie Julie


26th October 2007

Some absolutely stunning pictures. Enjoy San Fransisco, "be sure to wear some flowers in your hair"! : )
27th October 2007

whooohaa!!!
I was just thinking of you, wondering how you were doing...and then opened my mail ...and voila cést toi... Here I am now in the office, on a misery saturday morning looking at your pix and reading your adventures;( Well, not much has changed here in Asd, hence you´re not missing a thing at all. Anyway, looking forward to hear from you "2nd phase of your journey" Have a great time & take good care...
28th October 2007

Great shots!
Looks like a great time - and you are quite the photographer! Keep those images coming!
29th October 2007

Canada Rules! ; -)
Hi Marie, Hope you enjoyed our fair country.....Enjoy the U.S....San Fran is beautiful...bye for now x Miles
31st October 2007

Nice to hear from you. It really seams that you have a great time with all your friends. I understand that you are looking forward too all adventures. I have a week off now so I will write you on your hotmail in a few days. It's not so adventouros to be att home but nice beeing off work and catching up at home. Lots of hugs. Lena

Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb