Bonjour Montreal


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal » Old Montréal
July 24th 2007
Published: July 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post


We arrived in Montreal at 6.30am after a 7 hour overnight Greyhound from Boston. The journey involved little sleep, including everyone getting off with their luggage at the boarder for customs at 4.30 in the morning. The driver also left the luggage compartment door open and we were the only ones to spot it before all of the cases were lost somewhere between America and Canada. I had to go down and tell him and all he said was 'Oh Yeah!"

Got to hostel at 7am only to be told that we could not check in untill 12.30, so had to leave bags and wander the streets for 4 hours whilst feeling extremly tired. Hostel was the most random we have come across - it had everyone lumped into one room with everyone hanging off their bunks like prisoners when we arrived. Luckily we had been allocated a "caravan" in the courtyard, which resembled more of a shed on stilts!!!! On the upside, everyone was very friendly and there was free internet - though only one computer so hard to get onto it.

We found Montreal very French! The old port where we stayed was very nice and we used the time to chill quite a bit. We went over to the race track on Ile Notre Dame which was about a four mile walk to get to (well the route we took anyway) and then approx 3miles around it. Then Laura insisted on finding a resturant called the 'Three Amigos' which was rumoured to do 49cent tacos. We did eventually find it after walking a couple of miles. So 2 drinks and 12 tacos later we left happy people! After all that walking, we slept well that night!

We took the train to Toronto today (7hrs) and are now waiting for our laundry to finish. Here for 3 nights and then off to Niagra.

Chris and Laura

Advertisement



30th July 2007

Hi Travellers!
Dear Chris and Laura, I am loving your blog! Have just read it all in one go as Rhod forgot to tell me about it. Sounds like you're having a great time and not missing work funnily enough! I wish we'd made it to Boston - it sounds cool. I'm sure you'll find Niagara amusing. I bet you meet some old couples who tell you they spent their honeymoon there 25 years ago! Keep having fun and enjoy every day! Glad you've had a few chill out days - it's tough work enjoying yourself this much! Oh well, back to work for me tomorrow.... Anna

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb