A Manic visit


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Baie Comeau
September 27th 2013
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 49.221, -68.1525

Baie-Comeau is another coastal port in Quebec and we were fortunate that it was pleasant dry weather for once. For some reason we had chosen to go on a tour called Manic 2, which was to a hydro-electric power station. The most enjoyable bit was the trip out to see it as we passed lots of lovely wooded areas in which the trees are starting to turn the lovely reds and browns of fall. Stefan enjoyed seeing all the dials and pipes etc on the interior of the huge dam but it really wasn't my scene. We also saw a seal and a dolphin out on the bay.

On the way back our guide took us through the pleasant town of Baie-Comeau.

Our evening entertainment was the Liar Club, in which a 4 man team of the crew give their definition of the most impossible words and it is our job to select the right one. It was the most hilarious night's entertainment we have ever had on board ship.

We also had the Captain's farewell show and party where he admitted that we had actually lost an anchor back in Greenland. The anchor had gone down OK, but the rough weather had loosened one of the links and when they came to pull the anchor up, it just was not there on the end of the chain. The anchor has since been replaced at Quebec.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.475s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1832s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb